Here are some tough lessons, I’ve had to learn(and perhaps still learning)
1. How to forgive and let go.
2. How to identify the smile of friendship versus the smile of deceit.
3. No one is “obligated” to love you back no matter how much you love them.
4. Accepting the apology you never got and perhaps never will.
5. Accept that some chapters will have to close without closure.
6. Acknowledging when it’s time to let go and move forward.
7. Moving on, like grief, is a process. A process, you have to allow to run its course.
8. Accept that people will be people, having different values, beliefs and morals. You can’t change that.
9. People are inherently selfish but you don’t have to be that way. Most things in life, boils down to choices. Choose kindness.
10. Life owes you nothing and the world continues to spin no matter what is happening. Nothing stops on account of you.
“Most things will be okay eventually, but not everything will be. Sometimes you’ll put up a good fight and lose. Sometimes you’ll hold on really hard and realise that there is no choice but to let go. Acceptance is a small, quiet room” – Cheryl Strand